Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Breakfast

Wipe the drool...









I scored some serious brownie points with my children today. Serious. And if you want some at your house, try these!!!

DONUT MUFFINS



I was watching the Food Network Friday night and saw these. I started craving them after having seen them being made on there and instantly went to google to search for a recipe.

I actually had a day off from work today so I got up early and made the house smell like cinnamon to see how long it would take to wake the munchkins...

These are fabulous muffins. So different. So indulgent and soooo easy.

Try them soon for your family.



DONUT MUFFINS


1/2 c. white sugar

1/4 c. crisco

3/4 tsp. nutmeg or cinnamon
1 egg

1/2 c. milk

1 tsp. baking powder

1 1/2 c. self rising flour


Preheat oven to 375.

Mix all dry ingredients and then add wet ingredients.

Spoon into greased muffin pan and bake for 20 minutes.

While they are baking, mix 1/2 c. white sugar with one tbs. cinnamon.

As soon as the come out, spread with melted butter and the douse in cinnamon sugar mixture.

Serve immediately!

YUM-OH!




Enjoy!

2 comments:

Jeni said...

I have not stopped by your blog in quite some time but the last time I came to this great homemade jewlery blog you had a great recipe on here too. This is just my style...mmmm!

Anonymous said...

YUMMY! Can not wait to try these!

Please Remember -

As with all jewelry, please remember to keep these out of the reach of little hands. They do contain glass and can break. Also, beads can be a choking hazard. Always take care to ensure safety for your child. Also, remember they are not waterproof, so please remove before bathing. Thanks.

Pricing

Since every piece is custom , if you email me with an inquiry I am happy to estimate your heirloom for you. Thank you.